My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Marysville 5 Starts

My painting sessions on the weekend tend to start fairly mellow but end in a frenzy. I usually realize that I have been painting for hours and that the kids are freaking out as is my lovely wife, who has been dealing with the kids.

I was feeling kind of woozy after this session. It was probably the combination of thinner fumes and low energy.

There was a lot of layout involved with this painting because getting the perspective tight was critical. The reflections were a challenge as well. I did the layout with a light pencil, the underpainting with my usual gray mix and white. I have spent six to eight hours on this to get it to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment