My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Monday, August 23, 2010

Musing




While I have not done any actual painting in a few weeks, I have been thinking about it.


Finding interesting subjects is actually a big job and takes a lot of time, luck and presistence.


As we get into the late summer and early fall, the sun starts to cast longer shadows. This is my favorite time to taake photos as the contrast is good and the colors warm.


I have been trying to get more scenes with people in them. It is very hard to walk around and snap photos of people and not feel a little creepy, but these are becoming much more interesting subjects to me.


In addition to this scouting around, I have the layout lines on a long canvas set up in my easle for a painting of a bridge. I was very close to starting the underpainting this past weekend, but just did not get in the mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment