My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Sunday, October 16, 2011

Aidan
























This project has been a challenge in that it has been my first attempt at a portrait in a long time.
I like the finished product (almost finished) but I continue to like the earlier stage above. Something about the unfinished quality is interesting. I need to play with this in future paintings.
Well, this was a good first try, but it is over worked and my transitions are a bit abrupt. The contrast is good. I did smooth out the gradient on his arm, which you can see in the two close-up photos.
Painting or drawing a likeness is one of the hardest things that I have done. This came out very close to what Aidan looks like, which is promising.

Aidan has a rather heroic pose going on here and I am glad I could capture it. He has been watching me do the painting and he seems pleased. He asked me how much I was going to sell it for and I told him that it would probably not go up for sale.


1 comment:

  1. He does not know that this work of the father priceless treasure!
    Elina.

    ReplyDelete