My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Monday, April 6, 2009

Work In Progress

I am reminded how important the under painting is. Getting the perspective right is very challenging and is deceptive when you are close to the work. I need to step back more often and make sure the lines are right. On the bright side, the slight skew of the buildings add a certain life to the painting.

This is a view looking East from my office. There are many colors in this painting and I hope to make it even more vibrant and evocative of a morning sunrise in Portland.

This is a view looking West from my office. I have always been intrigued by the presence of construction cranes. They are sometimes more interesting than the buildings they help erect and are certainly more entertaining to watch. The yellows and oranges of the cranes add a perfect splash of color to a gray and blue tone cityscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment