My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Sunday, October 25, 2009

Last Steel Bridge for a While



This painting is 15" by 32" and was a nice way to say adios to painting the Steel Bridge. It was nice to paint the structure in a larger setting, with less detail and more sky and river.
On other paintings, I was tempted to add detail (clouds, brush strokes) to the sky, but I kept this one simple.
The reflections and noise in the river came out well. The warm, rusty background that I used over the white canvas makes a nice golden glow, which was evident in the late afternoon scene. I even let a lot more of the base color show through to try to exaggerate the warmth.
Overall, I think that this one has a good mix of detail and abstraction that I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment