My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dark Tower Returns

I completed this painting this past weekend. The composition is pretty good and, to me, it is a bit cheaky in the way the fire hydrant seems to be facing off against the water tower. The shadows around the hydrant add interest (I believe the cross shape is from a church).
The sky came out well and overall, I think I added the right amount of color to the more gray areas. In reality, the pavement and concrete is more warm, but I wanted more contrast with the warm hues of the warehouse and the hydrant. This is 18" x 24".

1 comment:

  1. The concrete street is just right. Light touch but still the vast grey is interesting with the shadows. You want to know what is making those shapes.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete