My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Monday, December 14, 2009

Street Light

This is finished version of a painting that I started. I just completed it this weekend and may do some more work on it, but then again...I like the quiet feel of the thing.
The color is very sepia toned and the orange foliage pops pretty well. As I look at the small image here, it looks fairly realistic. If you click the image and get a closer look you will see the more painterly bits (as usual, I still don't have the ability to get the photo to work, which may be a good thing. Please see the real thing).
Overall, the painting does what I wanted it to do.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, Thought I would post a comment - I have been here before. I really like the look of Street Light. It really feels like a fall day in Portland. I can even feel the crisp air.
    I still think my favorite is the Crossings. It is too bad that we won't be able to be at your first Art Opening but we will be thinking of you - I am sure it will be a great success!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane,

    The paintings will be on display at the architectural heritage center for the month of March if you wanted to take a look.

    Cheers,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely one of my favorites. Don't do a thing. It captures the Fall day perfectly.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete