My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Sunday, January 3, 2010

Waiting

I almost bailed out on this one. It was getting very burnt looking from the dark tones and I was not happy. I went back at it with a dark violet glaze in the dark areas.
The orange brick is an exaggeration of the actual brick color and works as the complement of the dark violet.
If I did this one again, I would focus in on the ladies waiting. What I find interesting in the image is the warm morning light and the Portlanders enjoying a read while waiting for their bus.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know if it is because I am woman in an urban environment but I keep thinking who is THAT guy back there?! i like how they have found a place in the sun to wait. Just what I would do. Nice job accomplishing the time of day.

    ReplyDelete