My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Monday, February 1, 2010

Frames




I have been working hard to make some good frames for the show. I have 20 paintings to show and they all need some kind of frame. I spent this past Sunday building the frames. Our garage turns into a wood shop. I need to set up, work and them clean up so I can park the car back in the garage by nightfall.
Tonight I sanded them. They will stay a little rough, to match the paintings. No fine sanding here or multiple layers of varnish.
The larger paintings will get a bigger frame with a reveal and will be painted black. Most of the wood for these came from the rebuilding center and are salvaged material. The smaller paintings with factory canvases will get a simple wood edge which is sometimes called "gallery style".
Thanks again to my wife for giving me time to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment