My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Monday, December 6, 2010

They were framed

I made some frames this past weekend for my Christmas gift series.
I took me about three hours to make five little frame, including set up and clean up. The frames still need some clear finish.
They are made of 1" x 3" and 1/8" x 1 1/2" hemlock trim from Home Depot.
I use a power miter saw to cut them, a biscuit cutter to join the mitered pieces and a brad nail gun, attached to a small compressor to fasten the edge pieces. I use wood glue on all connecting edges.
Any time I need to turn my garage into a wood shop, I need to make sure that I am making a few things as it takes me an extra 30-45 minutes to set up and clean up.
The painting shown in one of the frames was done by my daughter Natasha and I had some extra wood so I thought that I would make her a frame for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment