My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I was able to crank out these paintings this past holiday weekend. My idea is to give these to my relatives for Christmas and think that these will be good and dry to ship my mid December.
I was digging through my wood pile and need to figure something out for the frames.
The main reason is to share something with my family who have been so supportive over the years. I love them and wish I could afford to buy them nice gifts or take them on trips to Hawaii. Alas, I am quite broke these days and so the second main reason that I am making the paintings is that they are inexpensive for me to create.
These are all smaller paintings, done on scrap MDF board. The rectangular ones are 7" x 9" and the square are 10" x 10".
I have been using a tripod to photograph my work and have been having better results with the same camera. This is good because I don't think that I will be able to afford a new camera any time soon.
It is funny, I am feeling like a starving artist, especially with Christmas coming. I may have to start using paintings as currency, or as trade for services. Do you think that the City of Portland will take a painting as payment for my out-of-control (what is it like $4500 this year!) property tax?





No comments:

Post a Comment