My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Dark Tower Returns
























I can't seem to get enough of this water tower. I have painted it for the third time now and I still find it interesting.
The opposite side of the tank has been tagged by some obsessed water tower tagger, which is unfortunate. The dark tank appeals to me as a simple form and the way it is placed on the roof top.
It is funny that these utilitarian objects take on such prominence in the skyline.
This tower reminds me of some kind of silent robot, waiting for it's time to unleash terror on the city below.

Anyway, I am starting a series of small paintings (the one above is 7" x 9"), mainly as Christmas presents for my family.
They will be painted on MDF panels, which I salvaged from home projects.

2 comments:

  1. Since I get very few comments on my blog I wanted to add my own. I wanted to see if I get an e-mail about the comment.
    I love those water towers, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember if I sent myself the previous comment. If you sent me the comment, thanks.
    I get very few comments as well.

    ReplyDelete