My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Sunday, September 18, 2011

New Camera Is Sweet

I have been playing with this new camera. It is pretty nice for the cost. It is at least twice as powerful as the old camera, which I have been bitching about for years, and has a built-in rechargeable battery. It does not "curve" the edges of my paintings when I shoot them, which is great.
Now I need to find an affordable way to get better studio lighting that will reduce glare. I used some old t-shirts to cover the lights for this photo, which helps, but reduces the light quite a bit.
The battery life seems to be quite long and is designed to be able to recharge through the USB cord, so I can both charge and download images.
This camera takes nice movies as well, which will be fun to play with as well.
Maybe some film clips to add to the blog?
This 4' x 4' painting of the waterfront, "Beneath the Broadway Bridge" is still for sale, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment