My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Saturday, September 10, 2011

New York Bridge

This project has been a challenge. It has taken me longer to complete this due to summer vacations, day job and being lazy.
I am finally finished with the Manhattan bridge painting and am looking forward to getting it out of the house.
This detail from the painting shows a yellow school bus, which turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the painting.










Here is a detail of the bridge.

I painted the vertical cables last using a straight edge. I don't usually use a straight edge while I am painting, but since these needed to be relatively straight and I no longer had the under painting to depend on, I opted to paint the lines on top. I also went back in and added back in lines to accentuate the edges against the blue sky.








There is quite a bit going on in this painting and I have learned some things about doing street scenes.
The amount of layout required to get the perspective right was a bit overwhelming and I stressed about keeping things right.

I was pulling my hair out with the bicyclist and realized that I had the rear wheel too high, which made it look very odd. A quick repainting of this area did the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment