My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Monday, February 13, 2012

Orange Sign

Since Christmas, I have been renovating my basement, again. Hopefully this is the last time for a while.
Unfortunately I was not improving my studio space. It is the same as it has been.
I was very much missing the painting. The lack of painting was effecting me in a bad way. The art work has become much more of a mental health issue and going without makes me sad.
This is a painting that had been started many months ago. It has been sitting in the basement taunting me. "Finish Me! Finish Me!" it seemed to beg. I just let it sit there, festering.
While not one of my more inspiring pieces, I like how it came out. The name "Orange Sign" is because of the one orange sign in the middle of the painting. I used some of the same orange to accent the sky, which is fictitious, but the blank fields of blue (painted more blue/green) needed something to liven them up.
I have always been fascinated by the scale of these entangled over-pass structures. Crazy big they are.
I have seven blank canvases primed and tinted, ready for more action.

No comments:

Post a Comment