My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ross Island Sand and Gravel and the Springwater Cooridor

Here is a start on a 3' x 3' painting of the Ross Island Sand and Gravel plant, which is just north of the Ross Island bridge.
The plant is a vertical structure that, I think, balances the composition.  

The detail below shows the line work.  It is easy to get overwhelmed with all the bits of stuff, so I try to draw the major elements with a pencil and then paint in the rest of the detail as I go.  It is best to step back and squint a lot to get just the essence of the details.





As I was scouting this scene, there was an angry voice coming from across the tracks, up on the back.  I can't remember what he said exactly, but it was something like "What are you doing?!".  I could not see him, so I imagine him to be a troll living under the bridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment