My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Monday, July 30, 2012

Graffiti, Is it Art?














I thought that I heard someone outside on Thursday night last week.  I also thought that I heard the rattle of a spray can, but when I went to look outside nobody was there.
The next morning, I found this on the street in the middle of the intersection.
They could have tagged the buildings near by, but they chose the middle of the street.
It is an interesting compliment to the "legal" marks around the man hole.
I was going to notify the police, but since there wasn't anything offensive about the image and it was not an obvious "tag" I let it slide.
What does it mean?  I don't know.  Is it art?  I think so.
I would have tried to engage the manhole more if I had been the artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment