My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Saturday, March 28, 2009

This is Steve

This is my first post on my blog.
Everyone has a blog these days. I am usually late getting on the band wagon, if I get on at all, so here I am.
I wanted a way to show and discuss my artwork and this seems as good as anything on the internet.

I am an architect by training and have been licensed in Oregon since 1999.
I enjoy architecture as a concept but have not been as pleased with the reality of the profession.
I do make enough to support my family of four, but it is just enough.

When I was a kid I was very good at art. My mom sent me to an art school for little kids and I did well there.
My parents did not push the art thing too much but it was always a source of comfort.
I did take some art classes in high school and college and always did well.
Motivation always seemed to be a problem.
I like doing artwork for others because it forces me to make art. It feels great to both make the art and have others enjoy it.

I turned 40 last year. While I am a good architect, I am not famous or rich.
Everyone asks me about the turn. I don't feel 40 which seems to be a common feeling
I like to say that I have been having a mid-life crisis since I went through puberty, so while turning 40 is strange I don't feel depressed about it. I have a great family and love that we can have a nice home in Portland.
My work as an architect has been interesting and rewarding in many respects and I may still have a chance at a little fame or at least get to make decent architecture.
I do seem to have a renewed sense of perspective and desire to get my ideas out there.
Things really picked up when I decided to take an art class last summer.
I have been painting ever since.

I want this artists voyage to continue. My hope is to be able to sell enough art to support the hobby and build a bit of a name for myself.

Enjoy the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment