My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Saturday, March 28, 2009

Summer in the back yard of Radius Studio

This was the painting that started my current painting binge.
It was completed during a summer class at Radius Studio in Portland Oregon.
My teacher was artist Jolyn Fry.  I was lucky to get her all to myself.
The painting was done in person behind the beat up studio and is a view out of the sunken
back yard.
I struggled through this painting for four or five sessions, painting in wind and a little rain.  The time of day was late afternoon.
I eventually said adios to my instructor and took the thing home and finished it in my basement studio.
I built a frame (it took three tries) and hung the son of a bitch on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment