My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Friday, September 14, 2012

Alley Painting Starts

I was wandering around an alley just West of Mississippi Ave and got some ideas for pieces.
Here are the starts.  I used iron oxide and yellow ochre for the rusty base color (it looks like I spilled spaghetti  sauce on them, but whatever).  Then I used my usual dark mix for the sketch and added white in some spots to identify highlights.
Painting big is much more exciting for me, allowing for bigger gestures and less small brush work.
The paintings at the right and left are of interest to me.  My gut tells me that there is potential in these somewhat ambiguous images but we will see if anyone wants to buy them.
Not shown here is a 48" x 48" monster canvas that will have a big alley street scape!

No comments:

Post a Comment