My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dressed to Kill

Some Craigslist post was requesting artists to draw zombies.  I never submitted this, but I was intrigued with the idea.  I then thought it would be fun to take images of good looking men in suits and make them zombies.  This guy is obviously not too far into the zombie thing and he still looks pretty good.  Maybe he is a zombie who can be saved...
I used a 3H pencil for the layout and then a hard HB charcoal pencil for the final line work.  No smudging on this.  The idea is to come up with a drawing style that I can use for a graphic novel.

After looking at this sketch for a few days, I am thinking that this is how I have been feeling as of late.  I can't convince my kids that he is a zombie.  They think that it looks like a guy who has been beat up pretty bad.  Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment