My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Monday, September 28, 2009

All work and no play...

I do have a penchant for fantasy and science fiction as well as graphic novels and cartoons. My son and I made up this character named I-Blaster. He (has to be a boy my son says) is a robot who fights renegade robots and either brings them to justice or blows them to bits.
This is part of a poster that I gave him for Christmas.

This is a birthday card that I made for his 7th birthday. He liked it, but not as much as all the Legos that he got. What you gunna do?

The technique involves me sketching the scene in pencil, tracing in ink, scanning the image and adding color in Photoshop. The old-school cartoonists used to have to add the color by either painting it on or laying colored film over the black and white lines. Photo shop makes this kind of thing easy. I would love to do a graphic novel or childrens book some day. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment