My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Inspiration is the bridge

I snapped this photo of the Freemont bridge while I was on my bicycle commute to work this morning. The light was amazing and the water and sky are perfect. I am tempted to paint this scene.
It will have to wait as I have two larger paintings that I am trying to finish and another on deck of the river looking the other direction.
The more I paint, the more I see things everywhere that would make interesting art. The scene can be something as mundane as a trash can or as magnificent as a bridge. I am happy that there will be no shortage of influences in Portland.

1 comment:

  1. Steve,
    I was at the river the day they raised (yes, that's right) the central arch. It had been built on Swan Island and barged into position between the two unfinished approaches. Four giant screw jacks, on at each corner, were used to raise the span off the barge and up to the roadway level! I like the Fremont. Not so much the approaches.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete