My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bless this mess




I decided to take the day off from my day job today. Last week my wife (Jen) had a tumor removed from her neck.
We were hoping that it was benign, but learned yesterday that it was low grade cancer.
I spent the morning with Jen to get her a follow up x-ray, which will tell us if she has any cancer in her heart or lungs.
I am still numb from the news. I thought that it would be good to do some painting to relax. It helped.
The Marysville paintings take on more meaning with my wife's current health issues.
I need some good news and some hope. The Marysville series is about hope and rebirth after tragedy.

Update:
My wifes X-Ray came back negative! Good thoughts and artfull gestures must do the trick.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,
    The Marysville series looks like a great project. Your poignant tying it to the uncertainty of Jen's situation shows how art works on many levels--for the artist and the viewer. The pieces shown here are quite nice. In the classroom door scene, there is a hint of occupants in the room which adds some engaging ambiguity.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,

    Thanks for the nice words and for looking at my blog.
    I am excited about the Marysville series.
    If I can just get my ass off the couch and paint in the evenings I could get a lot more done. "Law and Order" is off the air, so maybe I can use my evening time more creatively.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete