My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kill the TV - Progress

I managed to get the energy up to do this underpainting last night. Once I was doing it, the energy came back strong.

The TV is definitely a mind killer.

Here is a bad photo of the progress that I made.

Yes, the background is orange/red done with iron oxide and cadmium red.

The line and shading were done with my usual mix of Van Dyke Brown, Ultramarine Blue and Iron Oxide Red. As I mentioned in other posts, I try to not use pure black unless I am trying to make a point about something.

I didn't get much on the clouds but did get a little Titanium White to give some ideas of what I want.

The clouds are not as dramatic in the photo that I took, but the composition needs balance in the upper left, so I hope to do a large cloud formation there.

Don't think that I am going to become a preachy anti-TV type. I like the TV just as much as the next guy. TV is crap and we all know it, but we can't help ourselves. The more you watch the stupider you get and I have watched way too much TV over the years, which explains a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment