My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Down by the River

This is a view looking North from the Broadway bridge in Portland. I see it every morning when I ride my bike to work. There is so much industrial stuff down by the river here that I am overwhelmed with painting possibilities. I liked this scene because of the way the trains really pull the perspective and the grain elevator (I think that is what that is) gives a nice vertical move to the thing. There are a lot of colors here including lots of reds. This underpainting is a good start I think.

1 comment:

  1. Steve,
    I am slowly getting onto this blog routine. Down by the River is a great start. Great point of view. Lots to work with and build on. Recently saw prints by a Seattle photographer of industrial scenes taken at the port in St. Petersburg Russia. If you are interested go to www.douglendreth.com click on fine art/ miscellaneous and browse. Good stuff. Keep up your good stuff.

    ReplyDelete