My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Small Paintings












These are 6"x6" paintings on MDF panel.  I was able to paint all of these in the same painting sessions and hope to finish them together as well.
These have the maximum amount of information that I want to express.
Can I sell them for $100 each?  We will see.
Working on wood panel is different than canvas.  I don't like the hard feel of the panel, compared to the soft flex and texture of canvas.  These are MDF panels that I made many years ago.
Since I paint the panels myself, you can see the gesso brush strokes, which is ok.
Painters who do super detailed paintings use a smooth finished panel.  I see these at the art store all the time, but am reluctant to buy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment