My First Art Opening

The painting continues...time is moving quickly these days...





Friday, June 29, 2012

Toynbee Tiles


For all of you who like mysteries as well as documentaries, here is a good one.
I happened on this documentary on Netflix called "Resurrect Dead, the Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles.
Here is a good link to a indi-filmaker website with some information on the film:
http://www.filmmakermagazine.com/news/2011/01/%E2%80%9Cresurrect-dead-the-mystery-of-the-toynbee-tiles%E2%80%9D-director-jon-foy/

I had not ever heard (it may be in my memory someplace) of the Toynbee tile phenomena.
This subject has already been talked about extensively and I don't want to try to describe it myself but there are many links.
It is a weird little mystery which is outlined on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toynbee_tiles

The film, directed by Jon Foy, is about the intrepid search for the origin of the tiles by artist and fellow film maker Justin Duerr.  While the tile phenomenon is interesting in it's own right, the film is a great piece of art and is worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment